Monday, December 14, 2009

Quicksand



Raising your legs and lying on your back
keeps you from sinking in quicksand. Knowing
this will lnever help me I thought. As if
I'll ever need that. I'mm not going to places
that have any pitfalls like this.

No jungles or perilous terrains. No
swamps or dangerous lands. I thought I
was safe. But now here I am sinking into
this bottomless pit of goo. It's thick and rough
and pulls at my limbs as I try to break free.

No, don't struggle this hungry beast will only
swallow faster. I scream to myself as I
try to move, but only feel the tug of
my body sinking slowly. Attempt after
attempt things just get worse.

This snare is getting the best of me.
Raise your legs! Lay on your back then you
won't sink! But how do I do anything
when this quicksand is really just me.
Mistake after mistake it just keeps going.

Here I am struggling to breath to grab some
sure footing. But to no avail I feel myself
being pulled away from this person that's
sinking further and further into the snare
and now I'm gone in blackness.

I'm finally awake from this nightmare.










No comments:

Post a Comment