Monday, December 14, 2009

Sadistic?


Everyone rises and looks to the back.

It’s the bride they are all looking at of course.

Through all the roses and all the white

I have trouble being happy while in this seat.

Everyone sits thus the priest starts to monologue.

At least that’s what it feels like to me anyways.

It just keeps going and going and now I’ve lost

a year of my life here in this moment.

Yes, I sound angry but I’m not,

just agitated at sitting in this pew for hours.

Here and now isn’t the place I want to be.

I want to be far away from all the women

blubbering over how everything is

so beautiful. I’d rather be at the reception,

but that seems to be five years from now.

I don’t mean to sound so upset I’m just

agitated at sitting in this pew for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment